It seems that every time Friday rolls around, I’m thinking the same thing—boy was that a long week! Will a week ever just be a week?
Sure, part of it is some extra stress as I get used to me new responsibilities at work and one of my supervisors is out. And yes, I am working full time and taking a graduate level class and trying to work on my thesis. But really, life is going to continue this way for a while. So I might as well get used to it.
A few things I’m learning:
• Don’t attempt to do homework after working all day and cleaning the barn in the evening. I’m exhausted.
• Don’t schedule date night after work and barn for the same reason.
• Drink lots of hot tea at work in the morning; it makes the day feel a little calmer.
• Don’t plan to do too much on the weekends.
• Don’t stress too much over the state of disarray at the house while simultaneously trying to renovate the bedroom.
• Don’t attempt to do homework unless I have the house to myself.
• Purchasing a new dog toy/bone can be very helpful in getting homework done.
• MAKE time for friends; they’re more important than a clean floor.
• Wake up early enough that the morning isn’t rushed; it’s worth giving up 15 minutes of sleep.
In other news, the walls of our bedroom are completely prepped and Bob is going to be priming today (since he has the day off and I am working). If all goes as planned, I should get two coats of color on tomorrow. I might have to wait until Monday evening to do the glaze, but it should all be wrapped up in a few days!
Then perhaps on to the kitchen walls…