Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /homepages/15/d295193855/htdocs/bluelikethat/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/_inc/lib/class.media-summary.php on line 77
Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /homepages/15/d295193855/htdocs/bluelikethat/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/_inc/lib/class.media-summary.php on line 87 Friday Archives - Blue Like That
2. Tomorrow I willprep the house for the onslaught of Spring/Summer guests that are already lining up to visit.
3. My favorite time of day isbedtimebecausethere is just nothing like crawling under the covers and settling in to a warm, cozy spot to read and rest.
4. Sometimes you just have toseize the day–especially warm, sunny ones.
5. A song that I just can’t get enough of lately is“It never entered my mind” by Miles Davis–whenever it comes up on the iPod, Husband and I stop whatever we’re doing and just slow dance for a minute or two…
6. My favorite accessory isa large silver locket with beautiful scroll work that I snagged from my mom’s jewelry box years ago.
7. My favorite thing about this week wasstarting Spring training with my pony!
1. Today is a good day because I’m leaving as soon as I get out of work to go camping for the WHOLE weekend!
2. The best thing I did all week wasget our taxes filed and my oil changed–boring, but it feels good to have it out of the way.
3. The current weather isa little chillyand it makes me feelexcited to be getting up tomorrow morning from a tent to step out into the brisk morning sunlight and eat french toast cooked over a fire all while wrapped up in a warm blanket…
4. The best thing about spring isthat we get to spend more time outdoors! (at least until it gets too hot…)
5. A fashion trend that I’m dying to try out for spring is…I’m so terrible with trends… I just wear my own style, and that happens to include a very cute new pair of linen shorts that Husband bought me on clearance over the winter =).
6. A person who made me smile this week wasmy friend Rachel. We don’t see nearly enough of each other, but when we do, it’s a blast! And, we both took wrong turns and got lost on our way to meet each other, so neither of us had to feel bad =)
7. The most delicious thing I ate all week was…well, we were on a spending moratorium, so we’ve been eating whatever we have on hand or what we can get free. Free farm fresh eggs from the neighbors = lots of egg salad and deviled eggs.
Joining The Little Things We Do for fill in the blank Friday. You can link up here.
1. My greatest strength is probably organizing, kind of boring, but true =).
2. My greatest weakness ishmmm…my cooking skills? I married a professional chef, so I haven’t had to practice very much….
3. People always compliment me on my hair–it’s red, it’s long, it’s curly. Apparently, other people like that (but they aren’t the ones who have to tame it every day!).
4. If you found me procrastinating you’d probably find mereading, or napping. I enjoy both.
5. The most cozy place in all the world ismy papasan =), especially with a good book, cup of tea, and even when joined by the 55 lb puppy.
6. Something new that I tried recently was Thai curry, Husband made it for me.
7. This weekend I would like to help Husband prepare the vegetable garden, clean the house, post items to sell on craigslist, play with the puppy, lower the salinity level in the fish tank, get our summer comforter dry cleaned, and prepare our mostly unused second floor for summer guests.
” title=”Fill in the blank Friday” class=”aligncenter” width=”300″ />
This week it’s all about color! You can link up here.
1. My favorite color is blue.
2. My home decor color palette includes browns, with splashes of blue, green, and deep red in the bedroom, kitchen, and living room respectively.
3. Other people always tell me I look good in the color …um, I think people are just really surprised to see me in a color instead of neutrals =). I do have a burnt orange sweater that people like with my red hair… .
4. The color I detest ispink. I grew up with all brothers, no pink for this girl!
5. If you were to look in my closet most of the colors you’d see would be neutral, although I’m trying to be better by only supplementing my wardrobe with colored items.
6. A color that I simply cannot pull off no matter how hard I try is yellow. Any yellow looks awful, I’m too pale.
7. The color of my favorite dress isblue–my wedding dress was a gorgeous icy blue color.
1. My favorite room in my home is the master bedroom because it’s the only room I’ve been able to improve since moving in, making it truly me, and a really peaceful place to be.
2. My current decor style is essentially eclectic (a strange mix of antique and modern, beachy and country, with lots of thrifting involved). But I wish it were morecomplete. I have a vision in my mind, but can’t afford to put it all together right away, so it ends up looking a little fragmented.
3. I wish I could redecorate theliving roomin my house to make it moreme. And less pink.
4. My dream house absolutely has to havea fireplace, or two.
5. One house item I am willing to splurge on isnothing at the moment, but maybe someday a jacuzzi tub…
6. A decor trend that I just don’t “get” istoo much theme. I want just a hint, a vague feeling, not an onslaught of “island” or “country” or “garden” or anything else.
7. Some of my own black and white photography, framed and hanging on the wallsis a little touch that makes my house feel like home.
It seems that every time Friday rolls around, I’m thinking the same thing—boy was that a long week! Will a week ever just be a week?
Sure, part of it is some extra stress as I get used to me new responsibilities at work and one of my supervisors is out. And yes, I am working full time and taking a graduate level class and trying to work on my thesis. But really, life is going to continue this way for a while. So I might as well get used to it.
A few things I’m learning:
• Don’t attempt to do homework after working all day and cleaning the barn in the evening. I’m exhausted.
• Don’t schedule date night after work and barn for the same reason.
• Drink lots of hot tea at work in the morning; it makes the day feel a little calmer.
• Don’t plan to do too much on the weekends.
• Don’t stress too much over the state of disarray at the house while simultaneously trying to renovate the bedroom.
• Don’t attempt to do homework unless I have the house to myself.
• Purchasing a new dog toy/bone can be very helpful in getting homework done.
• MAKE time for friends; they’re more important than a clean floor.
• Wake up early enough that the morning isn’t rushed; it’s worth giving up 15 minutes of sleep.
In other news, the walls of our bedroom are completely prepped and Bob is going to be priming today (since he has the day off and I am working). If all goes as planned, I should get two coats of color on tomorrow. I might have to wait until Monday evening to do the glaze, but it should all be wrapped up in a few days!
Then perhaps on to the kitchen walls…
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in /homepages/15/d295193855/htdocs/bluelikethat/wp-content/plugins/alpine-photo-tile-for-instagram/gears/alpinebot-display.php:58
#0 /homepages/15/d295193855/htdocs/bluelikethat/wp-content/plugins/alpine-photo-tile-for-instagram/gears/alpinebot-display.php(48): PhotoTileForInstagramBotSecondary->filter_filename('in-1-2-7-M-holl...')
#1 /homepages/15/d295193855/htdocs/bluelikethat/wp-content/plugins/alpine-photo-tile-for-instagram/gears/alpinebot-display.php(501): PhotoTileForInstagramBotSecondary->key_maker(Array)
#2 /homepages/15/d295193855/htdocs/bluelikethat/wp-content/plugins/alpine-photo-tile-for-instagram/gears/alpinebot-primary.php(72): PhotoTileForInstagramBotTertiary->photo_retrieval()
#3 /homepages/15/d295193855/htdocs/bluelikethat/wp-content/plugins/alpine-photo-tile-for-instagram/gears/plugin-widget.php(35): PhotoTileForInstagramPrimary->do_alpine_method('photo_retrieval')
#4 /homepages/15/d295193855/htdocs/bluelikethat/wp-incl in /homepages/15/d295193855/htdocs/bluelikethat/wp-content/plugins/alpine-photo-tile-for-instagram/gears/alpinebot-display.php on line 58