Yarn Along

What Iā€™m knitting, and what Iā€™m readingā€¦

Knitting and reading West From Home

I have a feeling this first shell of mine is going to take me a while…I’m about 8 inches into the back right now. I’m glad that I love the yarn and look forward to seeing how the colors play out in the pattern, because otherwise this could be a very boring project.

Also, with little free time on my hands, I slowly making my way through West From Home by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I’m enjoying reading about Laura’s first trip to San Francisco, the things she experiences there are so far removed from her childhood of pioneering it’s amazing to see how things changed just in her lifetime. I also love hearing what she writes back to Almanzo about missing their farm and their dog, Inky.

Joining Ginny at Small Things.

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Plusone Email

7 thoughts on “Yarn Along

• October 9, 2013 at 11:45 am

We enjoy all of Laura’s writings and visited Rocky Ridge Farm in July…such a thrill! Your knitting is beautiful — such a pretty colorway which will certainly make that shell. šŸ™‚

• October 9, 2013 at 4:18 pm

I’m jealous! I’ve never been to Rocky Ridge, although I have visited several other Laura Ingalls Wilder sites (many trips from home, in New York, to college, in Montana, took me along the same path she journeyed so long ago).

• October 9, 2013 at 1:08 pm

I love the shading in the yarn you are using. I really have to read some of Laura Ingalls Wilders’ books. I never have.

• October 9, 2013 at 4:20 pm

I hadn’t read her books since I was pretty little. I found a set at a used bookstore last fall and re-read each one. I loved them!

• October 9, 2013 at 4:12 pm

I love the little house series! Thanks for sharing about that book, I’ll have to add it to my “must read” list. šŸ™‚

• October 12, 2013 at 5:42 pm

I now have a new book on my list of books to read.

Comments are closed.