Yarn Along

What I’m knitting, and what I’m reading

Handwarmers

I finished my easy hand warmers this week, and I finished Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott! Now to figure out what to knit and read next…

Somewhere along the way I messed up a few stitches. At first, it was all I could see–not the well worked rows, but the little ridge that isn’t supposed to be there. But I didn’t want to just discard all the work I did because of one little mistake. So I decided to love these little hand warmers in spite of the mistake. But that got me thinking, these are handmade and they should have some personality, some unique qaulity. So maybe instead of approving of this little project in spite of it’s flaws, I should love it because of it’s flaws. And how many other things in my life can that apply to?

Joining Ginny at Small Things.

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Plusone Email

8 thoughts on “Yarn Along

• March 20, 2013 at 9:00 am

I would love to be wearing those hand warmers right about now. My hands are so cold this morning! They came out lovely.

• March 20, 2013 at 9:36 am

With the new snow we got where I live yesterday, those mitts would really come in handy! 🙂

Great job!

• March 20, 2013 at 12:27 pm

I’ve decided they’ll be perfect for reading at night in the winter…my hands get SO cold when they’re not under the blankets!

• March 20, 2013 at 12:20 pm

they look lovely… and you are so right. they are made with love and that makes them perfect!

• March 20, 2013 at 2:37 pm

I always remember the knits that have that ‘little’ error. It is like a bookmark in my life. I can normally remember what was going on in my life when I knit that project. The projects that don’t have that ‘little’ touch. Not so much!

• March 20, 2013 at 3:20 pm

That is such a good way to look at it!

• March 20, 2013 at 3:16 pm

I looked carefully and can’t see where that little ridge is…. I think that, unless you point it out, only you will know about it!!

• March 21, 2013 at 4:17 am

Lovely hand warmers. And our whole life is filled up with small errors, some of them we sorely wish to undo, some were necessary for what we are to become, and which are what we only know later.
    On a lighter note, those handwarmers would be prefect for blogging. My fingers always turn cold from typing, and as you say, from reading in bed. A project for that leftover yarn, that was exactly not enough for a pair of mittens. Thanks 😉

Comments are closed.