Yarn Along

What I’m knitting, and what I’m reading

Yarn Along

I’m reading On the Banks of Plum Creek as I slowly make my way through the Laura Ingalls Wilder books this fall and winter. It’s surely a treasure to be able to read these books I loved so much as a little girl, knowing that someday I will read them to my own children. And I’m finishing up a blue scarf for one of my little nieces… I can’t wait for this Christmas project to be complete and on it’s way to my nieces in Ohio!

Joining Ginny at Small Things.

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Plusone Email

8 thoughts on “Yarn Along

• November 28, 2012 at 10:25 am

I am also working my way through the little house books. I found a box set at a thrift store for a “steal” and have been enjoying them so so much. So far, I like Farmer Boy the best…even if it did keep making me hungry.

• November 28, 2012 at 10:54 am

I found my (brand new!) box set at a used book store…happened to also find all of the Anne of Green Gables books the same day, suffice to say I was a happy girl with an armful of books =).

It’s hard for me to pick a favorite Little House book, but I did love Farmer Boy!

• November 28, 2012 at 10:41 am

what a fun scarf. it looks so soft and cozy, wonderful for a chilly winter.

• November 28, 2012 at 10:52 am

What a cute scarf. The yarn looks like it was interesting to craft with.

• November 28, 2012 at 11:08 am

It was a little difficult to get the hang of it at first, but working with the pom-pom yarn ended up being a lot of fun!

• November 29, 2012 at 12:32 am

I love the little house books! I reread them sometime in the last 5 or 6 years. I made a quilt that was themed “Laura Ingalls Wilder”. It is halfway through the hand quilting phase. Pretty blue yarn, blue is my favorite color.

• November 29, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Such a snuggly, comfy looking scarf! I treasured reading the Little House books with my girls. The boys are almost old enough to read it to them!

• December 3, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I read through the little house books last winter/spring and enjoyed them so much. I read them as a child and a lot of other books. The library was our summer vacation…rarely did we travel anywhere, but we went everywhere by way of the Library!!
    Nice scarf, too. Someone is really gonna love that!! I had some bumpy yarn I was trying to do a vest with..just too hard with the bumps that don’t move…perhaps it will become a scarf, too!

Comments are closed.