It’s hard to believe that a full year has passed since my wedding. Sure, some things have become utterly comfortable—wearing two rings on my left ring finger, sharing a bed with a boy who rolls around in his sleep, the smell of coffee in the morning, etc.
Yet it still somehow feels like the wedding was just yesterday.
We watched the movie Julie & Julia last night. It was a film we saw almost two years ago in the theater, before we even started dating. That night Bob slyly talked me into going to dinner, coffee, and a movie with him. We were the only two people in the theater and he talked through the whole movie—all about French cooking and how awful it is.
I didn’t get to really watch the movie itself until last night. I liked it =).
Things I love about our marriage:
• Living with my best friend
• Doing yard work together
• Holding hands while we walk the dog
• Picking pumpkins on a chilly Sunday =)
• The little gifts and “I love yous”
• Pausing to slow dance in the kitchen to Miles Davis’ It Never Entered My Mind whenever it comes up in the iPod playlist
• Weekly date night
• Weekly day of rest together
• Planning for our future, even if it does include budgeting
• Nesting—I’ve always been a “nester” (since I was about 3 years old), now I have someone to do it with and for
• Camping together on the living room floor because the bedroom is filled with paint fumes
• Driving 3.5 hours to the mountains just to cut down a Christmas tree
• Eating breakfast together every morning
There are so many more things that I could add to this list. I love the small things, the little moments, creating traditions, forging through life together, and having many adventures.
Here’s to another year of adventure!