Saturday started out hectic and kept charging forward like an express train… To say the least, my goal to slow down was an utter failure. The bright spot was an hour of yoga and a cup of soup at Panera with a good friend somewhere in the middle of the craziness.
Sunday, however, was the best rainy day I have had in a very long time.
Our plans to head up to Colonial Williamsburg were cancelled =(. But we made up for it in a lot of ways.
• A meaningful church service
• Meandering through a few shops to check clearance aisles (and snatching up a few good finds!)
• Walking together under an umbrella in drizzle
• Lunch together at Pho’ 79 (I’d never had Vietnamese soup before)
• Playing with the pup
• Drinking hot tea
• Making (and eating!) homemade apple turnovers
• Watching a wildlife documentary
• Scraping the wallpaper off our bedroom walls together
• “Camping” in the living room overnight because our room smelled like wallpaper remover
In all, I’d say it was a very good day.